Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19th 2010

Eager- |ˈēgər|

adjective

(of a person) wanting to do or have something very much, showing keen interest, intense desire, and impatient expectancy

"I am eager to be my child's mother"

"I am eager for my next trimester to start"

"I am eager for the next ultrasound"

"I am eager to give birth"

 

Nostalgia- |näˈstaljə; nə-|

noun

a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations related to home and family.

"I already miss being alone"

"I miss being in my first trimester"

"My child will never again be the size he was in that first ultrasound"

"After I give birth I wont have the joy of having him growing in my body anymore"


Memories are all we have after a moment in our lives has passed. A moment or action cannot be done exactly the same ever again.

I seem to always be eager to get things done, whether that is to finish college so I can get a “real” job or get through my first third trimester of pregnancy so that I can get closer to meeting my child. Unfortunately, every time an experience or task is over I miss it and long to have it back.

I am assuming this is what being a mother will be like, but times a billion.

3 comments:

  1. I miss what you were when you were simply my Alex-Pie, I love what you are, and I can't wait to see what you will be. I agree, we are perpetually in a state of wistful longing for what was, while also looking forward to what will be. I would love to be happy with the hear and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eager as well for this new one to come into the world, our family, and our lives.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed how much we both have grown in the last six months but there is always more to learn and we will continually grow as individuals and hopefully eventually as a family unit. Things may not always work out the way we may have hoped but it is important that we learn from those experiences.
    I am already nostalgic for the kicks that I have missed and the change your body has undergone. I am increasingly eager to be a father but also fearful that our relationship will deteriorate. I can only ask you not to resent me for the decision to take the job. I will gladly send as much money as you need and make the trip when I can. I will continue to research grants in my free time that would be beneficial to our family. We're gonna be alright Rita, but we've got to believe in each other and never forget that however short our time together was, we made this decision and I truly believe it was meant to happen. I love you both immensely.
    Papabear

    ReplyDelete